What is compounding?
Compounding is old fashion pharmacy where medications are made from scratch. Each compound is made one at a time and made to meet the needs for that particular individual.
What type of things do you compound?
- Alternate dosage forms (lollipop, freeze pop, popsicle)
- Aspectic compounding
- Creams, ointments and lotions
- Dental preparations
- Dermatological items
- Ear suspensions and solutions
- Combination medications
- Enteric coated medications
- Flavoring, your choice as well as color
- Geriatric formulations
- Homeopathic formulations
- Individual dosing
- Inhalation therapy
- Lip balms
- Medicated lollipops
- Medicated lozenges
- Medicated popsicles
- Nasal solutions and sprays
- Opthalmic preparations
- Oral suspensions
- Over the counter formulations
- Pediatric formulations
- Compounds for physical therapy
- Iontophoretic formulations
- Sounding gels
- Phonophoretic formulations
- Ionizing solutions
- Podiatry formulations
- Rapid dissolving tablets
- Rectal enemas
- Rectal suppositories
- Sublingual troches
- Sugar-free formulations
- Throat sprays
- Transdermal, ointments and creams
- Vaginal creams
Why would I need to have a prescription compounded?
There are many reasons medications are compounded:
- You may need a particular dosage that is not commercially available, or a unique dosage form from any of our items we compound.
- If you can not take a commercially available medication due to allergies, a compounded medication can be tailor made for your needs. For example, we're able to compound lactose free, or dye free medications.
- If a medication becomes unavailable because the manufacturer stopped making it, we can make it for you.
- If you or your child have difficulty swallowing medication or dislike the taste / flavor we can make a solution for you and flavor it to your liking. From there we can create a medicated lollipop, medicated freeze pop or medicated popsicle etc.
Can you make medications for our pet?
There are many different compounds we can make for veterinary use. We will work with you, your pet and your veterinarian to come up with a formulation that your pet will take. If they catch on to the fact that this "treat" has something in it, we have the capability of choosing another flavor and possible dosage form to keep him or her off guard. We can compound for exotic animals as well. We also compound for large breed animals: horses, cows, pigs.
Why can't my regular pharmacy compound my prescription?
A compounding only pharmacy uses state of the art equipment and advanced techniques to compound and ensure a quality product. Other pharmacies do not have the time, the equipment, the products and advanced training to tailor make you medications